Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter!

Our Easter Festivities began a few weekends ago when we held a "Bunny Breakfast" for the children in our Primary. (I'm the Secretary.) It turned out to be a very fun morning with a bunny roll breakfast, bunny relay races, and a cute service project where we "Easter Egged" some people in our ward. The day before Easter we had an Easter Egg hunt with our neighbors and friends. Always a fun event, and the boys of course loved the candy! We let the boys dye 6 eggs total that night so we wouldn't have a ton of eggs to deal with over the next week. Chad chose blue dye and Kyle chose green, so we had three of each color! We're good ol' lazy parents! The Easter Bunny certainly delivered the next morning! Chad got the new bike his long legs so needed, and Kyle got a scooter that he spent the entire day riding in our house! The Easter Bunny must've known that he would get Chad's hand-me-down bike! We had our traditional bunny roll breakfast, but this year I made them cinnamon rolls instead of orange rolls. Yummy!!! I feel like a pro after making them for the Primary breakfast as well! The boys looked super handsome in their Easter shirts and ties! They love wearing ties (even when they're a little too big for them!). Chad did a wonderful job in Primary reading the scripture, and we ended the day with a very nice dinner with Jeff's sister Brittney, her husband Kevin, and their son Cahlin. It's easy to get caught up in all of these fun Easter traditions, but our home teacher shared a wonderful message with us this month about our Savior. It was also really nice to be talking about our Savior all month long in Primary. We are so grateful to know that He lives and loves us!

8 comments:

blunckfamily said...

Wow--the Easter Bunny really delivers at the Hughes. Very adorable slide show!! See you soon, Love, Mom

Shannon said...

I was going to say the same thing as your mom. The Easter Bunny never brought me a bike! Looks like fun. I love the bunny rolls. I saw them on Diane's page too. What a fun tradition. One of you need to send me the receipe, or directions on how to make those!

Diane said...

So cute. For your primary activity, what were the place mats made out of? How cute is that? You go all out for your activities. Always trying to out do all the primaries.(: And, I won't let my kids see your blog, we didn't get bikes either. It is a great idea, right in time for spring. We actually have given Jake a bike for Joel's April birthday, because by September, it's no fun.

Liz said...

I just have to say that the Easter Bunny found Chad's bike on clearance for $17, so we didn't really over do it!!! We debated when to give it to him. I always struggle because Kyle's birthday is in May when it is perfect to get a new bike, but it's Chad who needs the new bike and Kyle the hand-me-down. And the place mats at the Primary activity were just butcher paper carrots with green napkins for the tops. We have a new 1st counselor who is very creative and makes everything so cute!!! I probably would've had the kids eat with paper plates on the floor! :)

Camilla Millar said...

Cute pictures!! I LOVE the boys matching ties and dress shirts.

If I don't tell you in person, you saved us on Easter morning with your bunny breakfast. I was running around the house like a crazy lady and was so grateful to have something quick and easy to feed the family-- not to mention, the cutest breakfast we've ever eaten. I felt a little guilty biting those little bunnies heads off. . . . THANK YOU!!!

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe that your baby is due in a few weeks. I am so bummed I am going to miss it. Hopefully she won't grow too much until I can see her in May.

Erin said...

Cute Easter pics Liz! I love the one of your boys getting their bike and scooter - so fun! How are you feeling? Getting close! :)

Josh and Michele said...

Liz, Oh my gosh. I don't know if you remember me. My name was Michele Davenport and I lived in your neighborhood in Santa Clara when we were kids. I came across your blog by total accident and then there you were. It is so fun to see your cute blog and family. Feel free to check us out at boatrightfamilysmiles.blogspot.com P.S. I'm the secretary in our ward too. Weird.