Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FREE? Did someone say FREE?

This post is purely just to laugh at myself!!! I, like everyone else, enjoy free things! Well, today we intended on hitting Denny's for their FREE breakfast with our friends, Jamie and Landon. THE LINE WRAPPED AROUND THE BUILDING!!! I thought to myself, "I have buttermilk, eggs, and bacon at home...this is NOT WORTH THE WAIT!!" It WAS worth the good laugh we had for even trying and for even thinking about it! How much does a "grand-slam breakfast" cost anyway??? Did anyone else go? Well, it got us out of the house for a little while! :) I do need to re-evaluate what FREE things I should even care about! They're FREE for a reason!

8 comments:

Diane said...

That is so funny. I did that once on free zoo day, and since I had driven one hour, I thought I'd better stay. The lines and the crowds were insane and I've since bought a zoo pass and make it a point to never go in or around a free day. I do crazy things like that too. (first 100 customers receive, blah blah... not gonna happen, but nice try)

Erin said...

Fun outing anyway ... right!? :)

Brittney said...

HAHAHAHA WE TOTALLY WENT!!!! And had a blast! The lin wasn't half as bad as that, and we onlay waited like 15 minutes!! So, we totally went for the freebie! It's wasn't exactly homecooking and the eggs looked kinda funny BUT we had fun as a family!! :)

Brittney said...

sorry for the spelling errors! :) it's not super late... but i'm having a hard time! :D

Kerri said...

So funny, Liz. I wondered if it would be crowded...I guess it WAS!

The Adams Family said...

SOOOO FUNNY... You and Brit. I wonder if they have that around here? HAHAHA :)

Gaylene said...

I have a friend who decided he was going to go and the one he went to---well let's just say he is still waiting in line.
Too funny!

Trish said...

Clay and I were gonna go too. Oh Liz. Love ya!