1 week ago
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Simple Things
Mother's Day came and went, and I realized this year that it's a funny holiday for me because I always spend the day avoiding being a Mother! My sweet children, with some help from Jeff, took good care of me...breakfast in bed and all! I love being Chad, Kyle, and Alison's Mother! We sure have our share of good times together! As I was just thinking about this week and looked over the pictures that I took, I realized we had a pretty good week just doing a lot of simple things! That doesn't mean we were free from fighting or yelling, but we're trying! Simple thing #1: feeding the ducks, I mean GEESE, with some of our friends. Simple thing #2: playing with a cardboard box. I have to elaborate on this one...this box has entertained the boys and our neighbors for HOURS!!! It's been colored all over, used as a fort, used as a slide on our stairs, used as a hiding place for hide-and-go-seek, rolled in all over our driveway, torn apart and used as surf boards, and finally used for some crazy/wonderful imaginary world involving spaceships and special powers! Oh my! And to think we spend MONEY on TOYS!!! Simple thing #3: playing with cousins we haven't seen for a long time! It was so good to see the Jones' even for just a few hours! And simple thing #4: playing Checkers with cookies on a homemade board! (It's really hard not to jump Chad and Kyle's pieces every turn!!! I want them to learn the rules but also have a little success so they'll keep wanting to play! Tricky!) The weather has been Heavenly, and I've really enjoyed being outside with the kids, riding bikes, swinging on the tree swing, trying to keep Alison from swallowing too many rocks and plants, and just hanging out with our neighbors! Life can be crazy, but it's the simple things that make all the difference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Those cardboard box pictures (and all the others) are fantastic. I also love your use of exclamation points!!! What a fun post!!
Oh, tell Jeff THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting me use his miter saw. (That was me.) A POWER miter saw makes all the difference.
I love the box. Austin will play with the same box for days and never get bored. I love the happy face on Alison peering over the box. It really is fun.
What great ideas! It does look like you have been having a lot of fun with the "simple things"! I will for sure have to copy some of those ideas to do with Savanna. Happy Mothers Day:)
What great pictures. The geese feeding pics are great. What fun to use those cookies for checkers. And it's so true about playing with boxes... hours of endless fun. I enjoy the simple things in life a lot and it's wonderful to sit back and watch kids be kids.
Diane said the same thing - but I agree that the geese pictures were awesome. And all the cute box ones with the fun neighbor kids! Your kids are looking older - we need to come see you! I bought those same cookies this week but we've eaten them too quickly to even think about using them for checkers!
I am such a wuss...I totally bawled over those box pictures.
AARGH.
Thank Jeff again for all his help last night. He was a LIFE SAVER!
Cute kids. Cute pictures. Very cute box. :)
ბეაუტიფულ პოსტ--oops i forgot to change my font. Beautiful post--absolutely true. If kids can just be kids and use their imaginations, and feel the pure joy of creating their own fun they will grown up to be super people just like their parents. xoxoxox Mom
Great ideas! It was so fun to see all that you've been up to!
Liz,
You are a wonderful mother. Your kids are beautiful, smart, kind, fun, athletic, and so fun to play with! Your home is filled with creativity! Your Mom should be proud of you!
ur such a great mom. For the past little bit I'm just barely making life happen :) The dirty clothes are barely making it to the clean stage, same with the dirty dishes...I could go on. I'll stop here. Wow, I need to get going on doing some fun things!!!
Great ideas you have there
Post a Comment