I love blogging! I love keeping in touch with my family and friends! I love seeing the exciting things you're all up to! I love reflecting on the things we've been up to and keeping a record! Doesn't that sound better? I truly feel this way AND the way I was feeling yesterday! For now, I've set some personal goals and won't be spending as much time on the computer. My sister-in-law Tricia shared a website with me yesterday while we were peeling MORE APPLES! It is goalforit.com. I stayed up last night setting goals for my children and for myself. We have charts on-line that we will use to track our goals and chores. Today in our home and at church things felt very different! I felt the spirit very strongly in Sacrament Meeting. My boys did what I asked of them and we were all happy. I felt a reassurance that what we are doing with our goals is the right thing to do. Thank you Tricia for sharing this site with me. Thank you all for your kind words and advice yesterday and always!
When I was younger, we would write in our journals on Sundays. I envy those of you who faithfully keep a journal. This is not one of my talents. This blog is the only record I have going right now. My goal is to take a little bit of time each Sunday to catch up on my blog. During the week I will check in on others' blogs and facebook, but only after my chores/goals are completed. No more sneaking in on the computer ALL DAY LONG! I can do this! Knowing what's going on in your lives brings me joy! Sharing what we're up to is fun! Keeping a bit of a family history feels right! Blogs are GOOD!
I already have pictures from St. George, the witches at Gardner Village, and the pumpkin patch that I haven't posted about; however, I am going to use some self control and post about those next Sunday! And I'm cool with that! I'll be working really hard on my laundry tomorrow so I can earn some time to read your comments!
It's worth it to get my life in order for these four!



10 comments:
Awesome Liz! Sounds like you have a perfect plan. Such a good feeling, isn't it!? I'll look forward to your blog every Sunday night. :) I'm also now motivated to get my laundry done tomorrow...
p.s. Darling pics of your family!
Two thumbs up from Me! You are very motivating!
Sounds like I need to talk to you today. I have the same goal (no computer until my work is done) but it's 7 am, and I can guarantee no work has been done yet...
I'll call you for inspiration later today.
I'm touched. Thank you for sharing your success with us. Sounds like a wonderul Sunday and fun weekend. I've been inspired by you also.
Good for you! Good Luck!!
That sounds great to keep everything in perspective. I do the same thing; "after I load the dishwasher, I'll__________." Not always, but more often than not. I would be sad if your blog went away. Your kids are so cute. LOVE them!
That is such a great idea. Life is easier when organized. I love having a schedule if not i waist time like crazy. Good luck!
Liz, I love you! You're so great and such a great mom. I know too, that sometimes we have to whip ourselves into shape. I can feel when I'm slipping and sometimes you just feel overwhelmed and helpless!What awesome motives you have! I'm excited to hear on Sundays.. what you guys have been up too. Great pics too! I love seeing them all! You have the cutest family ever! I love those kids, you and Jeff! We miss you guys!!
Great! Now, seriously, be careful cause now Satan is going to try his hardest to make you and your kids not meet goals. . .seriously!
Post a Comment