Yes, I'm BACK! I've come out of my laundry room to finally post about the WASATCH BACK that I ran on the 18th & 19th of June with my fellow Hip Hop Chics!!! It was...I'm at a loss of words...awesome doesn't cover it...amazing is close...my favorite word FANTASTIC will have to do! 188 Miles from Logan to Park City broken up into 36 very different and very difficult legs all CONQUERED by 12 Runners. 21 miles total for me! I visited my fair share of the 100's of Honey Buckets! Running in the heat of the day...running in the middle of the night...running on 2 hours of "sleep"...choosing sleep over a shower...now if that doesn't sound FANTASTIC to you, you must not be crazy like me! Thank you to Bridgette, My sister-in-law Tricia, Rosann, Kate, Joni, Wendy, Muranda, Sarah, Shannon, Caitlin, and Kadee! You're ALL crazy, and I'm so lucky to have shared this experience with each of you! And thank you to Jeff who celebrated his 34th birthday while volunteering at one of the exchanges with his brother Clay! You're the BEST! What a way to spend a birthday and Father's Day weekend!
I know you're all thinking it...There's just something not so "Hip" about a very tall, very skinny, very white girl!!! Well, you're right, but in my mind I'm all Hip Hop and I set some new Personal Records out there, so don't mess! That's what I told the cop that pulled me over on the way up to Logan!!! NOT!...when he asked if there was any "legal" reason for driving so fast, I replied "I'm just excited and hyper for our race!" He had no idea what I was even talking about! He went back in his car and laughed at me!!! No ticket though....yo!!! Don't mess!!!
13 comments:
You're awesome! Great job. I admire all your running. Maybe someday...
Congrats Liz! You are amazing. I am pretty addicted to running, but I don't run on two hours of sleep and a shower is still pretty important so I must not be as crazy as you! Great job!
Jealous? A little. But it was obviously not my year to be running. I'm so glad you had a great time and such speedy times. You're amazing.
My question is this...Did you get the laundry done?
That's right- yo! Word to your mother, no one messes with my SISTA!! Maybe someday I'll be as cool as you. Peace out!
Sound like quit the adventure. super cool! Can't leave out Jeff waay to be supportive.
Nice Liz! I have been enjoying your pics on FB, so dope! Way to get out of a ticket & set some new records!
I am so proud of you!!!
Liz! Seriously you are amazing! I really need to start running, you really do motivate me! It was fun to talk to you last night...and thank for the dessert-seriously SO good. I had some more when I got home!!
Congrats on the race! That really is impressive!!!
Ditto to what everyone else said!! No one messes with Kip, I mean Liz, ha ha! I loved your post & pics & I love you, sista!!
love all the hip-hop talk!
So way to go! that is really incredibly, I'm so impressed. You put me to shame when it comes to running, that is really intense. way to go!
Next time I get pulled over, I'm going to try that excuse.
I'm so glad you had such a good time.
Oh... you're HIP!! Way to go!!
Post a Comment