Well, sometimes song lyrics say it best! We had a wonderful morning yesterday at Thanksgiving Point to celebrate our friend Landon's birthday, but our trip home which should have been 30 minutes tops, took more like 3 HOURS!!! Getting a flat tire on I-15, not fun! Parole officer who pulls over to help not being able to get the last stinkin' lug nut off, not fun! Rationing our last drops of water in our bottle, not FUN! Being gone from Alison for two feedings when I only pumped for ONE, NOT fun! Having the insurance HELPpoint people send a lock smith instead of a tow-truck after an hours wait, NOT FUN! Waiting again for the tow-truck to come, NOT FUN! Riding in a stinky, smoke smelling tow truck with no seat belts with my two boys, well...if you ask them that was tons of FUN! Anyway, I waited until today to do my venting, but yesterday was just one of those days, and the truly funny thing was that I took the pictures just so I could blog about it. Pitiful! (Oh yeah, having it all cost an arm and a leg just because the Volkswagen specific lug nuts were stripped by the guys who FIXED the car back in February when we didn't have our car for TWO WHOLE MONTHS, NOT FUN!!!!!) O.K. I obviously need to "work at a smile, and go for a ride! Cause I had a bad day!" I'll add the pictures of the GOOD part of the day in my next post about our end of Summer FUN!
1 week ago
10 comments:
wow, what a crummy day!!!Hope today is a lot better!
Liz, this post humbled me! I'm so sorry! Hopefully that was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
What a ruff one. Here is our blog. rshughes.blogspot.com
That is horrible!!! I do the same thing with the pictures for my blog! I loved that you put the song on your blog too! I am sorry! Smile for me!!!:)
On the plus side, your boys have the cutest smiles!
So stinky. That's not a safe spot to have a flat tire, very busy. I am so glad you are all safe. Mark's computer is back and running, so I can actually be on the computer now.
You'll look back and laugh at this experience, one day! XXOO
Just think some day you'll look back and this post and laugh....right? NOTHING is worse than car trouble with the kids! I guess maybe it could have been worse if you had lost kyle too. JK.
I love that you put the song on your blog. I'll always think of you and your horrific day when I hear it now.
Post a Comment