Back in September my friend Kerri and I decided we would do the Snow Canyon Half-Marathon. She was totally running that distance already, but I sure needed to sign up for something to get me motivated to run more. We had ten weeks, no problem!!! Well then she got her husband Dave to climb on board as well! Mentally I knew I could do it, the physical part would have to follow, but I am VERY impressed with Dave sticking to his schedule over the last FEW weeks and completing his first half marthon! Dave and Kerri you are both amazing! My sister Karin did the Snow Canyon 5K, and I am SO PROUD of her! She and I ran the course the Monday before! I absolutely LOVED running with my big sister! She is such a wonderful mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, volleyball player, Relief Society president, chauffeur, cook, maid, and she RUNS, too! She had an amazing race that the rest of my family got to see while I was still making my way through Snow Canyon! It was a beautiful race day and a majestic course! I wasn't completely ready and had to walk parts of it, but I finished 2 minutes and 8 seconds after my goal of 2 hours! I'll totally do this race again! I'll be sure to get my hips in shape before next time! I've been walking a little funny for a few days!
1 week ago
8 comments:
You are so awesome. Maybe someday I'll be able to run that far. Congrats!
Wasn't it SO FUN???? I love the pictures.
Are your hips back to normal yet? I did 2 this morning and felt it in my calves again. Those downhills really did a number on us!
Liz, I do not deserve all of this praise since you are totally my inspiration. We had such a great time with you and your family, please come again soon. I'm loving all these fun pictures from the whole week! LYLAS!!
You are so amazing to me Liz. I love you! I am so happy to know that people have such drive even with 3 kids. :) What a great example you are to your family and to me. Sounds and looks like you did a great job. You look wonderful. What blessings. XOXOX
Good for you. That makes me feel super lazy since we had our babies at the same time and you are out running half marathons!
Good Job guys!! You are all my heroes! Someday I will do something too! I am such a dork I was looking at the pictures and thinking whose little girl is Liz holding... :) duh! Alison! Still not used to seeing you with a girl!
What a tribute to your sister Liz. Cute. Great pictures! You better get your eyes and hips better because I want to run/jog with you in Idaho.
Liz,
Congrats! That is so great, one day I would love to run one with you and Linsey. My hip is actually finally healing after 4 months of rest. It was so much fun to see you at the park. I am so glad that our kids played so well together.
I need your address for Christmas cards. Our computer crashed and I lost all of them. If you would just e-mail it to me, since my blog is still not up and going, that would be great.
Thanks,
Becky
Post a Comment