We enjoyed a nice weekend with my sister Diane and her family! They were here from Colorado for Conference and the BYU game. My kids absolutely love having their cousins come! They talk about it for days and days leading up to their arrival and days and days following their departure! We love our family! On Saturday, Diane and I were in the kitchen making an Apple Crisp and looked out and found our kids wrestling with a bunch of neighbors. Her little Wes was taking everyone down! I didn't even know a couple of the kids over playing, but our kids sure managed to make everyone feel welcome! (by beating them up???) General Conference was FANTASTIC!!! We are so lucky to be able to watch from the comforts of our home! We had a nice Cinnamon Roll breakfast together, and some managed to sneak in a cat nap or two! Oh yeah, don't you think DiDi looks like the Snuggie model? My awesome nephew Cannon picked that out for me for my birthday! He rocks and so does the Snuggie!
We've also spent a little of our time down at my Mother-In-Law's helping her with her apples! My Sister-In-Law Tricia and her kids came and worked and played with us last night! It was a long night and yet there are still HUNDREDS of apples to pick, peal, slice, core, boil, pour, and can!!!! Over and over and over again!!! How do you like them apples?
1 week ago
7 comments:
Thanks for having us. The pictures are great and being with you was wonderful. You all worked hard with those apples. Good Job!
Thanks again for a great weekend. Wish it was longer.
You are so blessed! I am really impressed by the fact that the kids are safe to play out side and have so may friends near by close to their age. In our neck of the woods, not only is there not alot of kids Kenny and Checy's age, but unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable for them to go out alone. The kids look like they were having a great time. I am really glad to hear that you were able to see your sister. Thank you for hanging out with mom. I am sure she really enjoys having you ladies close by and show her so much love, jar after jar of canning. :) XOXOXOXOXO!
Fun pictures. I won't say how sad I was to see pictures of kids on the front lawn... Jealous... But WOW! Apples apples apples! And I'm glad the time with your sister's family there went well.
It's always a party at the Hughes!
Next time can we come?
So fun Liz! Love that Snuggie. Those commercials make me crack up!
Fun did you snack on the apples while helping. I enjoying canning it is ward work though.
Canning, I don't know if I'm a huge fan but I sure do like having the fruit! Sounds like you guys have been having a ton of fun! I've wondered how much I would like one of those blankets! Conference was great!
Post a Comment