Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Baby is ONE!!!

We celebrated Alison's FIRST Birthday yesterday! I was a bit emotional all day! This year has been wonderful! Alison brings a very sweet spirit into our home! Her little jabbering always makes me smile! She understands sooo many things, and makes us laugh all the time! We love seeing her get around in her own special scooting on her bumb sort of way! She is standing up to things, but not attempting to walk without help just yet! Her favorite words are mom, dada, hi, no no, baby, nose, and ball. She loves to clap hands, wave bye bye, give kisses, touch her nose and eyes, pretend to eat things, and she is great at rolling a ball back and forth with her brothers! We had a nice little cake and ice cream party with our neighbors! (THE BEST neighbors in the WORLD!) They are ALL so cute with Ali, and we love having them in our lives! The pictures will speak for themselves, but she was absolutely darling with her cake...once she got going, she was double fisting it and even trying to lick the plate! I have spent A LOT of time on cakes in the past, but this year I relaxed and let the boys help me decorate and it turned out great! When I snuggled her a little bit ago before her nap I was thinking that I would love to keep her this small forever, but I know there are GREAT things in her future and I'm excited to see her learn and grow! I love you Alison!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute!!
Time goes so fast. My baby will be 2 this year. I keep thinking it's time for another. But I'm not quite ready for a newborn again.

Kerri said...

We loved being there with you and your sweetie. She was darling, and I loved how much she loved her cake. Cutie girl.

cierasmom said...

Liz, I LOVE the cakes! Happy Birthday again sweet Alison! So adorable. Argh....I miss you guys all so much. I wish we could have been there to celebrate. Pleasde squeeze all your besutiful children very tightly for me tonight, and tell them all we love and miss them.

Erin said...

One already!!?? Seems like you just had her Liz! What a little doll. She is absolutley beautiful. Loved the pictures! Wish I was there to give her a b-day kiss. Give her one for me. -K-
:)

The Adams Family said...

OH my goodness how they grow! I am sorry I missed her birthday. I feel horrible. I hope she can forgive me. Please be sure to give her hugs and kisses for us. XOXOX everyone.

Camille said...

Happy Birthday, Ali! Don't grow up too fast...

Shannon said...

What cute pictures. What a darling little girl. Can you believe it's already been a year?! Where does the time go??

Brittney said...

She's so sweet! You're such a great mom! I loved that the boys helped do her cake! It's so cute to see everyone grow. I know, it would be great if they could be small forever.