Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To My Anonymous Commenter...

I always try to have my children wear their helmets. When I took my children's pictures on their bikes, they were done riding and heading inside...I made them get back on their bikes to take their picture. I missed the opportunity to take their picture when they were riding...what blogging Mother doesn't pose pictures when they need to? I don't think it's very nice to try and make someone feel bad by leaving a negative "Anonymous" comment. Of course I know that they should wear their helmets! Why would they be riding around with their helmets on their handlebars? They have both just recently started riding without training wheels! That would be annoying to ride with their helmets to hang on to! I'm sorry if I'm being negative...people that know me well, know that I don't let things go easily and I usually take things personally! I'm working on it...this is why I'm venting and not letting it stew inside! (I LOVE being DRAMATIC, too!) :)

6 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Riding around the driveway with no helmet (even though Liz explained she was just taking pics)? Ehhhhh, if someone wants to judge you for that, then I am already going to hell. . . .

Seriously, bloggers: looking for motes in other people's eyes? Try finding the beam in yours first!!!!!!

Camilla Millar said...

Also to the anonymous commenter:

As someone who personally knows Liz: SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST MOM'S I KNOW!!

Liz, don't let the crazies get you down.

Gaylene said...

Oh my GOSH!!!! Please it's just a picture. Please mind your own business! Find something else to do twith your time besides berate a mom for taking a picture.

Karin said...

Are we sure it wasn't just a prankster? Or someone just trying to get a rise out of you? I would really hope it was just done jokingly and not maliciously. Anyone who is reading your blog must already love you like we all do.

And Liz, you ARE the most amazing mom. Anyone that packs the way you pack for a trip deserves a medal!

Liz said...

Thank you girls! I should've just let it go, but it felt better just to say something! ??? Like I said, I'm working on not bottling things up...well, I do need to go to the cannery and do that kind-o-bottling, but you get my drift! You should've seen my boys climbing on the iron post on our front post and playing outside with no adult supervision...with no shoes on!!! ...in the hot sun, with no sunscreen!

Malisa said...

Hi Liz. I'm finally catching up on some blog reading!

I read the comment before I read you reaction. Aside from the fact that it was anon, I thought the person was joking. The fact that there were actually helmets IN the picture says it all. Those helmets were nicely placed too. :)